If you're considering a career in cosmetology, you have an option of attending a traditional cosmetology school or an apprenticeship program. These paths provide the same licensing options, but the journeys are very different. Black Girl Beauty Inc. offers both opportunities to those who qualify. Black Girl Beauty & Barber Schools will give you the traditional classroom experience with a live cosmetology or barber instructor guiding you every step of the way, while Black Girl Beauty & Barber Apprenticeship Program gives you in salon training with a licensed cosmetologist or licensed barber guiding you every step of the way. Both options offer the Cosmetology and Barber licensing and both will give you a real world experience.
OBTAIN YOUR LICENSE BY SALON APPRENTICESHIP
A cosmetology apprenticeship program is an alternative path to traditional beauty school for cosmetology students to gain the training needed to pursue licensure. A cosmetology apprenticeship can be an excellent way for prospective stylists to start in a salon right away. Students work with a licensed cosmetologist in a salon and receive one-on-one training. Apprentices usually start by observing their sponsor and gradually work into practicing various techniques on real clients. The second consideration is time. Cosmetology apprenticeships usually take significantly more time to complete than a beauty school program. Specific hours vary between states, but apprentices can generally expect to spend twice as much time in their apprenticeship than they would in beauty school. This can be a huge drawback if you’re eager to get your license and start working at your own station.
How Can We Help You Obtain Your License Through Salon Apprenticeship?
- We help you find a salon that's certified with our BGB Association
- We provide your theory instruction
- We track, maintain and submit your state transcripts
- We prepare you to take the state written exam
- We prepare you to take the state practical exam
- We're available 24/7 with any questions and/or concerns that you may have during your apprentice experience.
- We will mentor you and monitor your training from the beginning of your apprenticeship up until you pass your state exam.
- We have a flexible payment plan available.
- Free Lifetime Membership To Our BGB Association For All BGB School Graduates
- Free Lifetime Mentorship To All BGB School Graduates
The average Hair Design/Cosmo/Barber Apprentice completes their training in 2.5 years.
in-salon training occurs each week alongside top producing hair stylists.
Apprentices receive support from:
What Are the Benefits of Working as a Cosmetology/Barber Apprentice?
- One-on-one mentorship
- Pay potential
- Saving on tuition
- Tons of hands-on practice
- Experience in a real salon
- Potential to make professional connections
- Flexible hours
- Gain unique insights and tips from those active in the industry
A representative will contact you.
You must be fully dedicated to your learning. Individuals who succeed are career minded and genuinely interested in the beauty industry.
After becoming a licensed hair designer you become a Level 1 Hair Stylist. In your first year you can expect to earn
BGB Inc. provides a career path with earning potential exceeding $100k.
Typical work week